Here you can find all information about a F&B internship in our hotels. Please take your time to read the vacancy! If you would like to apply, you can click the orange button above or at the bottom of this page. Via this button, you will also find an overview of the available internship positions per hotel. The internship positions that are available for the F&B department:
- Food & Beverage
- F&B Supervisor
- F&B Office Management
For this internship position, we are looking for a student who will be joining our team for at least 15 weeks, for 4 or 5 days per week. Furthermore, to qualify for this internship position, it is important that you speak the language of the country where the hotel is located. For internships in the Netherlands and Flanders, therefore, you have to be able to speak Dutch fluently to qualify for this internship position. For our international hotels, a fairly good command will suffice.
Are you that sparkling personality that makes our guests shine? As an F&B Trainee you are fully part of the team. Together with your colleagues, you do everything to give our guests a great experience in one of our restaurants.
WHAT YOU DO 💪
You do this by:
- Having a perfect preparation. Beforehand you have decorated the tables with the right tableware, cutlery and glassware. You know exactly which guests have reserved.
- Welcoming our guests with a radiant smile.
- Serving them properly.
- Telling everything about the fantastic dishes on our menu.
- Preparing and serving the tastiest drinks.
- Providing professional and personal service during breakfast, in the a la carte restaurant, the conference rooms & party halls.
- Preparing meeting rooms, this includes setup, technology and catering.
- Setting up, running and cleaning up of events.
- Preparing and running large buffets.
- Working with the cash register system.
- And listening to the wishes of our guests. Because together we want to exceed the expectations of our guests!
WHO YOU ARE 😁
Working at the toucan means working a the most hospitable hotel chain of the Netherlands*. Your positive attitude fits in perfectly with this. You are ambitious, you like to work hard and you want to work in a team.
Are you a real team player, bursting with energy and able to motivate and manage colleagues in a positive way? Are you also passionate about good food and drinks? In this case, the role of F&B Supervisor Trainee suits you perfectly.
WHAT YOU DO 💪
As F&B Supervisor Trainee, you will be busy with the following:
- You are responsible for the daily business of the restaurant and/or banqueting rooms and you make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- You speak to guests in an appropriate and hospitable way. Due to your friendly, professional and fast services, guests will want for nothing.
- You make sure that your colleagues feel happy at work and you manage the F&B team in a positive way. Needless to say, you also roll up your sleeves yourself.
- You lead daily shift briefings.
- You assist in keeping operations manuals up to date.
- You prevent, correct and handle complaints, possibly with some needed improvising and always with positivity.
WHO YOU ARE 😁
You are a real team player, enthusiastic and service-minded. Your radiant smile is contagious. You look forward to being able to take the next step in your career at the most hospitable hotel in the Netherlands*.
F&B Office Management
Are you passionate about food & beverages, and would you like to improve your management skills? In that case, the F&B Office Management internship is exactly what you are looking for!
WHAT YOU DO 💪
As a F&B Office Management Trainee, the following will be in your agenda:
- You will be updating the intranet in HIS. At the end of your internship you will know all the ins and outs of the HIS system.
- You will be making price calculations, which you update when necessary.
- You will be handling the purchasing and costs per person for buffets in Live Cooking and during Banqueting events.
- Considering sustainability and the future, you will create a plan to improve waste handling.
- You will be handling daily purchasing and the standard orders with suppliers.
- You prepare meetings with suppliers and attend these meetings together with the F&B Office Manager.
- At the end of every period, you count food and beverage stock. You complete and update stock lists.
- In collaboration with different suppliers, you plan trainings to keep staff motivated and increase knowledge.
- You monitor sales prices by taking into account the different purchasing prices.
Furthermore, you will be in close contact with the F&B Office Manager and the administration department to improve efficiency in terms of purchasing, cost control, waste and systems.
WHO YOU ARE 😁
Working at the toucan means working at the most hospitable hotel chain in the Netherlands*. Your positive attitude fits in perfectly with this. All in all, you are an ambitious Hotel Management student.
Is one of these internships exactly what you are looking for? Apply via the orange button down below!
* In April 2019 Van der Valk came in third for the Customer First Awards. This makes Van der Valk the third most customer-friendly company of the Netherlands, after De Efteling and Coolblue.