Marketing Trainee (+ Guest Relations)
Are you the creative mind who can promote our hotels online and offline? As a Marketing Trainee at Van der Valk, no two days are alike. On behalf of and together with different departments (F&B, Sales, Banqueting, Yield and HR), you take care of all communication of the hotel; from menu to social media campaign.
Responsibilities & tasks:
- You come up with successful marketing campaigns.
- You manage the social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin) on the basis of the social media-calendar that is designed by yourself.
- You keep the website up to date.
- You write online newsletters.
- You are in close contact with departments such as Valk Publicaties and Valk Internet and with colleagues from the Marketing departments of other Van der Valk Hotels.
- Needless to say, you are on top of all developments in the fields of marketing and communication.
In some of our hotels it is possible to combine a Marketing internship with Guest Relations. Your duties will then be expanded with the following activities:
- You take good care of VIP arrivals.
- You are the driving force behind the Front Office service.
- As an ambassador for our lobby, you actively approach guests. In this way you find out what their wishes are and how you can make their stay extra pleasant.
- You anticipate the needs of guests.
- You are the link between guests and colleagues.
- You prevent, rectify and handle complaints, possibly with the necessary improvising and always with positivity.
As a Marketing Trainee, you are good at multi tasking and you are not stress resistant, even when all of a sudden three colleagues want something from you at the same time. You are driven, enthusiastic and you know how to put Van der Valk in the spotlight in a surprising and original way.
- Fulltime internship (30-40 hours per week)
- Duration of at least 13 weeks
- For longer management internships (e.g. Stenden 42 weeks), we have a challenging management assignment. This will be discussed together with the student and the hotel.
- Operational and management level
- Choose from multiple (international) locations
- Beveren | Belgium
- Brugge-Oostkamp | Belgium
- Brussels Airport | Belgium
- Click the button "Apply for this internship" to see the available spots
- This can be subject to change due to measures taken by the government concerning the corona virus.